Source [Forme of Cury, S. Pegge (ed.)]:(trans.) Cormarye. XX.II. XIII. Take Colyandre, Caraway smale grounden, Powdour of Peper and garlec ygrounde in rede wyne, medle alle þise togyder and salt it, take loynes of Pork rawe and fle of the skyn, and pryk it wel with a knyf and lay it in the sawse, roost þerof what þou wilt, & kepe þat þat fallith þerfro in the rosting and seeþ it in a possynet with faire broth, & serue it forth witþ þe roost anoon.
7 lbs (approx) pork loin
1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
1 Tbsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp ground caraway seeds
1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic smashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lay pork in a roasting pan
- Add garlic and spices to wine and pour over pork
- Cover and bake until internal temperature is 145 F
- Remove pork from the braising liquid
- Let rest 10 to 20 minutes before carving
*The original recipe calls to make a sauce out by boiling the pan juices with broth. This step is not included because I don’t make the sauce.