I had a box of small pears donated for Royalty Lunch for the Midrealm Fall Crown. I did not have local red wine so I decided to try Chardewardon.
18 small pears
1 1/2 cups white wine
1 cup wildflower honey
4 egg yolks
2 tsp Ceylon (or True) cinnamon
2 tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp galangal
- Slice pears in half and core, then place in a baking dish and roast at 350 for an hour (or until squishy)
- Push the roasted pears through a sieve
- Put pear puree in a pot with wine, honey, and spices and simmer until reduced
- Add a ladleful of hot pear puree to the egg yolks stirring the continuously
- Add the mixture back to the pear puree
- Serve hot.